Wednesday 29 May 2013

21st Century Shopping Spree!

I've never been much of an online shopper. When I buy a piece of clothing, I usually spend about 10 mins in the trial room, pondering over the size, if it fits well, if it is worth the money....you get the gist.

So you can imagine why I haven't been too comfortable shopping online. I never know which size to get, never know what the fit will be, and I don't like the idea of paying for something and having it reach you a week later. I guess I'm typically Indian- We're not comfortable buying stuff online.

But off late there have been some great sites which I've come across, which have helped me get over my mind block.

So here are some great finds from these sites- some are  discounted merchandise, and some are great pieces that I'm not sure we'd find on a normal day of shopping.

1. Cupidity Bag- INR 2,045 ; 2. Nike t-shirt- INR 757 ; 3. Neon Love, Little Miss- Out of Stock ;
4. Sher Singh Skirt- INR 999 ; Done by None Sandals- INR 1,299
Images property of respective sites. 


1. Rooja.com : My first buy from here was a blue sling bag from Cupidity. A great buy from Cupidity on sale on Rooja right now is this black chain sling bag. It has a little bit of an edge, and would look great with oxblood jeans, a leather jacket and black patent heels.

Buy Here

2. Myntra.com :  Myntra always has great deals. Just last week I ordered this t-shirt from Nike , and it was delivered to my home in a day. Not-bad-at-all! Plus I got 50% off.

Buy Here

3. Little Miss : A small venture started by a student and her mother, this site has some great stuff! They work with Indian textiles and have outfits that really suit the weather we have here. Right now everything seems to be out of stock on their site, but hopefully they will have fresh stock soon! If you're from Bangalore, you may have caught them at the last Sunday Soul Sante where they had their neon range on display.

4. Sher Singh : Sher Singh was a standalone brand/site earlier, but now they sell exclusively through Myntra. Sher Singh is a desi prep line- 'of the classic cricket lifestyle'. My first impression was that it was the Indian Polo. But great stuff none the less. My favourite piece from their 'Lisa Loves' Collection is this pastel blue high-low skirt.

Buy Here


5. Done by None : Is a brand that is available only online. The founders describe the brand as "Dedicated to the truly original fashion explorer". I'm not quite sure what that means, but they have a great line. Currently, I'm crushing on these white studded sandals ( and waiting for pay day to finally get them)

Buy Here

Tell me, what are your favourite online shopping destinations?

No comments:

Post a Comment