Monday 9 September 2013

Gowri Puja

Happy Ganesha Charturthi everyone!

Gowri Puja, which was yesterday ( to know more about the festival, read here ) is usually a big deal in my house, and has been for decades!

I love all the rituals associates with the festival- decorating coconuts, cleaning the house, and of course cooking and eating lots of good food.


For Gowri Puja this year I wanted to wear something Indian but felt like mixing it up a little.



I went with a cotton skirt, a plain black tee and a dupatta.

The skirt is by Bangalore based designers Mona and Neelam.

Cotton Skirt- Mona and Neelam

 


  The dupatta is my mother's and is from Westside.

Black tee- H&M; Dupatta- Westside


I matched this with a pair of silver jhumkas which I received as a gift from my family on my 20th birthday

Silver Jhumkas- Surya Narayan Jewellers, Commercial Street

I kept the accessories simple with a watch and an assortment of  bangles from Goa and Commercial street.

Watch- Calvin Klein; Bangales- Commercial Street, Goa

Ganapathi Bappa Moriya!

No comments:

Post a Comment